Successful Past Campaigns 

THE FUTURE IN MIND CAMPAIGN  

In February 2010, the first patients walked through the doors and into the sunlit hallways of the new Irene and Leslie Dubé Centre for Mental Health at Royal University Hospital. View slideshow.

Overlooking the beautiful riverbank and the skyline of Saskatoon, the Dubé Centre offers the promise of hope and healing for those in our community who suffer from mental illness and addictions.  

 

Raising Funds and Raising Hope

The Future in Mind Campaign (2007-2009) was a joint initiative of the Royal University Hospital Foundation and the Saskatoon City Hospital Foundation to raise 35% of the cost of construction of the $23.3 million Dubé Centre. The remaining 65% was funded by the provincial government. The campaign was launched in 2007 by Honourary Co-Chairs Ian and Mary Ellen Buckwold with the announcement of a $3 million lead donation from Irene and Leslie Dubé.

The Future in Mind Campaign raised $10.8 million for constructing and equipping the Dubé Centre and for creation of the Community Mental Health Endowment, which provides grants for innovative projects that advance the understanding and treatment of mental illness and addictions, bridging the medical care provided at the Dubé Centre with mental health services offered in the wider community.

“What a wonderful facility for those who are suffering from addictions and mental illness! The massive amount of healing and soothing light streaming into the centre is wonderful. Our hopes and prayers for each and every person who comes to the centre is that they find the peace, solace and healing that their lives require.” ~ Irene and Leslie Dubé  

Environment for Healing

The Dubé Centre has 64 beds ~ 54 beds for adult patients and 10 beds in a separate youth wing ~ along with an new “patient first” model of care emphasizing collaboration and consultation with patients and their families, with greater emphasis on education during the hospital stay and follow-up after leaving the hospital. The hope is that patients will spend less time in the Dubé Centre and more time healing in the community where they live and work.

Dubé Centre Grand Opening May 7, 2010

A community celebration drew donors, dignitaries, medical practitioners and mental health clients to officially open the Dubé Centre. Amid the speeches and applause, there were tears for the moving story of one family whose letter of thanks was part of the celebration: "We cannot express how grateful we are."

Dubé Centre Grand Opening (l-r): Don McMorris, Minister of Health; Doug Hodson, St. Paul's Hospital Board Chair; Jim Rhode, Saskatoon Health Region Board Chair; Clint Broten, client representative; Irene and Leslie Dubé; Mary Ellen and Ian Buckwold, Honourary Campaign Co-Chairs; Arnie Arnott, Volunteer Chair RUH Foundation.

footerLogo.gif


RUH FOUNDATION PURPOSE STATEMENT

 

At RUH Foundation, we create excellence in health care by raising funds that anticipate and respond to needs for innovative research, education and patient care at Royal University Hospital.

Copyright Royal University Hospital Foundation 2012. All rights reserved.

                                                                                                                CONTACT INFORMATION

 

Royal University Hospital Foundation
Room 1626
103 Hospital Drive
Saskatoon, SK  S7N 0W8
Office: 306-655-1984 Fax: 306-655-1979
ruhfoundation@saskatoonhealthregion.ca

Charitable Business #11927 9131 RR0001

Complaints Policy